MISSES’ JEANS: Boot-legged or straight-legged jeans have below waist contour front waistband and back yoke, double-sided front pockets with button trim, fly closure, narrow or wide belt carriers and topstitching details. Optional rivets.
A: back pockets with zipper closures.
B: lower calf length and back patch pockets.
FABRICS: Jeans A, B: Denim, Linen and Brushed Twill. Also for A: Stretch Denim. Lining A, B: Broadcloth. Unsuitable for obvious diagonals. Allow extra fabric to match plaids or stripes. Use nap yardages/layouts for pile, shaded or one-way design fabrics. *with nap. **without nap.
Want to make this pattern? Sandra recommends the following resources available to you at powersewing.com:
- View Pattern and Purchase: Directly from Vogue Patterns.com
- Read: Sandra’s Spring/Summer Fashion Forecast
- Enroll In: The Power Sewing Web-TV Show where Sandra Betzina and Ron Collins will teach you techniques that make every project a success and look professional!
- Books: More Fabric Savvy, Fast Fit. Power Sewing Step-By-Step
- DVDs: Jeans Couture, Pocket Particulars, Zip It Up
- Print: Going fabric shopping? Before you go, make a copy of Sandra’s Today’s Fit Line Drawings which contain general fabric size requirements for each pattern.