There are just over 2 weeks left until Father’s Day. If you’ve been putting off getting dad a gift, make no more excuses!
Need ideas? Let his style inspire you by making him a great–fitting pair of jeans.
Sewing a perfect pair of jeans doesn’t have to be an impossible task. For sewing enthusiasts, this can be both a challenge and lots of fun!
Don’t have time to sew jeans by Father’s Day? Fix the jeans he already owns!
Whichever way you choose to go, here are some tips on how you can accomplish your goal:
To sew a pair of jeans that fit great and look professional
– Read Sandra’s column on Working with Denim.
– Refer to your copy of the Jeans Couture DVD where Sandra and Ron give you tips on selecting the right weight denim, inserting a flawless fly-front zipper, adding belt loops, rivets and more. Currently on sale for $24 (regularly $29).
– Power Sewing WebTV Show Students can watch the following episodes as refreshers: Deconstructing Trousers, Fast and Easy Hems and Shortening Jeans.
– To get tips on the best way to work with denim, refer to your copy of More Fabric Savvy.
To revamp a pair of jeans
– Get advice from 45rpm Studio on how to repair small cuts and jeans and making the work look as clean as possible.
– If you want to outsource the project, check out The Denim Therapy Company whose goal is to fix any hole, hem, or broken denim regardless of damage severity!
Voila! You now have a great Father’s Day gift he can wear for many months to come!
Have you ever sewn or fixed jeans?