Spend a Week Sewing with Sandra in San Francisco!
|2015||Retreats will be Saturday-Saturday starting in 2015|
*Space is limited to 10 participants per session.
Sandra will help you choose a flattering style and master the art of combining patterns to get the exact look you desire:
No more trial and error fitting: Sandra takes an accurate set of your measurements and individually fits you to determine a Personal Fit Formula.
Sew fast: Learn time-saving techniques that give you professional looking results!
Master Your Material: Uncover tips on great patterns and learn to handle a variety of fabrics under the needle and the iron.
Try it before you sew it: Try on a plethora of garments from Sandra’s wardrobe and seize the opportunity to ask questions about them.
- Sandra by your side: Sandra takes sewers of all levels from rank beginner to extremely advanced. Sandra will help with whatever you want to work on! If fitting is your nemesis, bring 6 yards of muslin and lots of patterns. Go home with patterns altered just for you. Or, if you own a piece of fabric that intimidates you, bring it along and sew it up here! If you have always wanted jeans that fit, now is your chance! If you just want to relax and have fun, bring any project your heart desires and Sandra will assist you with fit and construction whenever you need it.
—>New addition to a great week of sewing: Paul Gallo, a draping expert, joins Sandra as a guest co-instructor for 1 or 2 days per week. Paul is also the inventor of Getta Grip Sewing Clips, a designer and illustrator. To learn more about Paul Gallo and all of his creative endeavors go to www.gettagripclip.com.
Here’s what two of Sandra’s students thought about their San Francisco Sewing Experience:
“A full week of sewing instruction matched to my own interests and needs, plus being with other students who love to sew, is a dream vacation spot for a sewer!”
- Joyce Jones , Springfield, VA
“Sandra has a fresh approach and upbeat outlook on life which comes through in all her classes. The consistency of the quality of her patterns and her instructions, which highlight updated sewing techniques, bring fun and joy to the home sewer.”
- Jan Fisher, Ann Arbor, MI
|3 – 5:30pm|
|Pick-Up in lobby for great food and drinks at Sandra’s home for the Welcome Party!!|
|8:30/9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Fabric Shopping Tour|
|Gather in the Heritage Room on the 10th Floor for introductions and an overview of the week. Janome and Viking machines are provided for your use. Bring projects, fabrics and sewing supplies. Set-up sewing station.|
| Monday – Friday
|7:00 – 9:00 am|
|Full complimentary breakfast buffet for hotel guests|
|First Day Sandra will do a trunk show with lots of clothes which she will leave in the sewing room all week for you to examine and try on.|
| 9:00 – 4:00 pm
|1:00 pm (Tuesday)|
|Button sale from button collector (today only)|
|4:00 – 10:00 pm (Monday-Thursday)|
|The evening is a chance to try on Sandra’s clothes and continue working on your projects.
|Tuesday & Thursday|
|Paul Gallo will guest teach and assist Sandra with bias draping and fit|
|Clean-up sewing station|
|This is also your opportunity to sample fabulous San Francisco restaurants and shopping at nearby Union Square (Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, and various specialty stores) and take in some sights!|
The rates include a standard hotel room. You may reserve a deluxe room, dependent on availability, for an additional $150 for the week. If you would be interested in this option, inquire with the Power Sewing office. We will check with the hotel and make this reservation for you, and then add $150 to your fee. Occupancy taxes are not included in price and will be added to the final installment based on current tax rates.
If you would like to add on a few extra days for San Francisco shopping and sight-seeing, you can add them (at your cost) to the 7 nights covered by the Sewing Retreat fee. Contact the Marines’ Memorial Club & Hotel directly at (415) 673-6672 .
Live locally? Stay with a friend? $1800 (All inclusive class except for hotel)
What Does It Include?
The Marines’ Memorial Club offers you comfortable lodging, excellent restaurants, a full-service gym with swimming pool and a beautiful conference room with plenty of windows where you can sew to your heart’s content.
You will not waste a second of your precious sewing time; an elevator ride up will get you something to eat and a ride down will take you to your room for that quick power nap. And, best of all, it’s located just 2½ blocks from Union Square and 4 blocks from Britex fabrics.
How Do I Sign-up?
For more information, or to reserve your spot, contact the Power Sewing office at (415) 876-2434 or email@example.com.
Payments can be made in FULL, MONTHLY or in the following 3 INSTALLMENTS:
- $400 non-refundable/non-transferable deposit is due upon enrollment
- $1000 is due six months before the date of class
- Final balance is due two months before the beginning date of class
Visa, MasterCard, American Express and personal checks are accepted.
Please call the Power Sewing office if you want to attend a Sewing Retreat without the hotel portion.
- Power Sewing will retain the initial $400 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit if you decide to cancel for any reason.
- Power Sewing will retain $1,000 of your paid fees if you decide to cancel 60 days or less before your scheduled seminar, for any reason. In the event that Power Sewing is able to fill your spot, you will be refunded $600 of the $1000 that has been retained.