May 24, 2014
10am- 1pm Fashion & Fabric Trunk Show 3 Hour Lecture (includes 1/2 hour break) Sandra Betzina is back with a trunk full of new clothes and patterns to inspire you! In this class, Sandra will concentrate on details which make her garments unique and functional.
- Learn how to stabilize and finish necklines in knits and wovens so they do not stretch out of shape and lie flat against the body.
- Learn how to inset a finishing strip into a neckline, line knit pants, make perfect sleeve plackets, sharp collar points and some clever new pockets.
1-1:30pm Lunch Break
1:30-4:30pm Pattern Fitting 3 Hour Lecture and Seminar (includes 1/2 hour break) Are you often disappointed in the fit of your garments? Confused about what size to buy? Have you outgrown your old size in one area and not another? Are you intimidated by good fabric because you are afraid of yet another fit failure?Let Sandra Betzina explain her fit formula and how it will work for you!
- Lots of new pattern alterations, including altering the bust without affecting the armhole, downsizing for the short, up-sizing for the tall, and high hip considerations.
- Learn how sizing differs from one pattern company to another, what size to buy, how to alter for narrow shoulders, full back, sloping shoulders, full hips, protruding or flat seat, full tummy, large waist, small waist, sway back, and more.
- Turn pant “hopefuls” into a thing of the past.
- Eliminate baggy seats, pockets and pleats that pop open, accommodate full thighs, and reshape crotch curves to mimic your body curves
Sunday, 5/25 & Monday 5/26
Hands-On Sewing Workshop with Sandra Betzina
Hours: Sunday->12pm-? and Monday-> 10am-?
Join this small class for days of hands on sewing while you will create a blouse or jacket from Today’s Fit pattern V1385, something you will want to make again and again because it fits and is very designer looking. Sandra will bring with her fitting shells in all sizes so you can determine what size you want to make as well as any needed adjustments before you cut out. You are going to love not only making this blouse but wearing it. This blouse has a comfortable not tight fit and makes-up nicely in soft cottons, silks and linens – all with equal success. If you love to make jackets, this takes a blouse pattern and makes it into a jacket. If you you would like to sew something else you are more than welcome as well.
- Today’s Fit pattern V1385 is included with registration
- $15 fabric allowance given
- light refreshments provided
* You can attend Saturday morning Trunk Show only for $35 ** Calendar and Sign-Up info http://allaboutsewing.askbisdesigns.com/Portals/allaboutsewing/04%20April%202014.pdf