October 28, 2016
Friday, October 28, 2016 – 1-4pm
- Learn to reshape and re-cut collars to avoid bulk on points and ends.
- Master sleeve plackets and cuffs to rival the custom shirt makers.
- Make welt pockets with flap details, reduce sleeve cap ease and create molded flawless sleeve caps.
- Master difficult seam joints, non gaping lapels, double piping, stacked trim, creative closures, and perfectly spaced top-stitching.
- Then learn the secrets of pressing and molding so that your garment looks flawless.
- ASG Members $75
- Non-Members $85
October 29, 2016
9am-12pm Fashion & Fabric Trunk Show 3 Hour Lecture (includes 1/2 hour break) Sandra Betzina is back with a trunk full of new clothes and patterns to inspire you! In this class, Sandra will concentrate on details which make her garments unique and functional.
Learn how to stabilize and finish necklines in knits and wovens so they do not stretch out of shape and lie flat against the body.
Learn how to inset a finishing strip into a neckline, line knit pants, make perfect sleeve plackets, sharp collar points and some clever new pockets.
1-4pm Power Sewing Toolbox 3 Hour Lecture (includes 1/2 hour break)
Let Sandra Betzina share her latest techniques from her just released book: POWER SEWING TOOLBOX.
Eliminate facings with slick easy bindings for rounded and V necklines and armholes.
Learn construction techniques for stretch mesh, bulk free darts in heavy fabrics, ripple free pleats and how to sew 2 different but difficult fabrics together.
PLUS, get the inside story on sewing with bias, making a lining pattern, covering a shoulder pad and embellishment techniques for sleeves.
- $75 ASG members,
- $85 Non-members
October 30, 2016
Jacket Fit (6 Hours)-
*Limited to 12 Students
Disappointed in fit again? Commercial patterns don’t fit – until now that is! Sandra Betzina has designed a new sizing block for Vogue Patterns called “Today’s Fit” with alphabetical rather than numerical sizing ranging from 34-1/2 to 57 inch hip. Come see for yourself!
- Try on the pretests for jackets.
- Get tips on fit, including alterations for large and small busts, narrow, sloping, or square shoulders, and rounded or sway back.
- Alterations will be recorded on a fitting worksheet to take home and apply to your pattern.
Note: In order to obtain accurate measurements, avoid wearing clothing that is too tight or it will distort your figure.
- $200 ASG members
- $225 Non-Members
*Lunch and coffee included
November 6, 2016
Join us for a full day or all 3 days of super sewing with Sandra! Choose a pattern and Sandra will help you make custom alterations to achieve perfect fit. Sandra will bring with her fitting shells in all sizes for certain Today’s Fit patterns so you can determine what size you want to make. After altering the pattern tissue, you’ll construct the garment in muslin and refine the fit. The final revisions are transferred to your pattern tissue, and Voila! Perfect pattern, all ready for you to sew.
Call for more information and to register (919) 942-7455
Each class is TBD with lunch included
Sew with Sandra 1, 2 or all 3 days!